In Game Lowering Sensitivity

Have something you would like to say? let us know.
Indread

In Game Lowering Sensitivity

Post by Indread »

There is a pro-gaming mouse that I read about which has a button specifically programmed to lower the DPI? or sensitivity of the mouse, so that in game, it slows down...

And players could this in FPS games, slowing down their aim speed, to better aim at tiny targets in the distance.

This game a GREAT advantage.

Can this be done in GIMX, if not, can this be implemented any way?

And lastly, I have read I should not change the DPI since it doesn't jive well with GIMX.... So this seems to render the mouse with this built-in feature useless. Is this true?
Matlo

Re: In Game Lowering Sensitivity

Post by Matlo »

Lowering the DPI is a wrong way to lower the sensitivity, because it makes the mouse run at a lower precision.

There's a way to change the sensitivity on-the-fly with GIMX. Read the "Multiple configurations" part of the Configuration & Calibration tutorial.
GIMX creator
Indread

Post by Indread »

Thanks very much, that sounds like a great feature.

I noticed that most gamers usually just lower the DPI on the mouse, to lower the sensitivity for games, yet no one mentions loss in precision. Is this loss in precision unique to the way GIMX functions?

Lastly, I always wondered how gaming-mice software interacts with GIMX.... do they conflict? Often times the gaming-mice software runs in the background, and both GIMX and software affect sensitivity, DPI, macro, programmable-buttons... It seems like these settings would clash.

Thank you!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

PC gamers lower the DPI on the mouse because there's no other way to change the overall sensitivity on-the-fly. But the cost is a lower precision.

GIMX gets raw (unmodified = no acceleration & no smoothing) inputs from the mouse. The only settings that matter are the DPI and frequency settings.
GIMX creator
Indread

Post by Indread »

Sounds like I will not have to install the software for my gaming-mouse. Thanks!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Most gaming mice still require software to set the DPI setting to the highest value. For ex the G500 requires the logitech setpoint software.
GIMX creator