GUI suggestion (multiple configurations confusion)

Have something you would like to say? let us know.
McKack

GUI suggestion (multiple configurations confusion)

Post by McKack »

I find that explaining the multiple configurations inside a configuration (yo dawg) concept can come off as a bit confusing to new users sometimes because of the current naming.

So unless you've already done this, perhaps a quick and easy "fix" for this confusion would be renaming configurations inside configurations to something else like "layout" or "setup".
I'm guessing you'd only have to make this change in the configuration GUI itself also.

Example:
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Re: GUI suggestion (multiple configurations confusion)

Post by Matlo »

That's something I'm aware of. What do you think about renaming it to "Profile"?
GIMX creator
McKack

Post by McKack »

Nice. Yeah "Profile" would work really well too.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Ok I will change that for v0.24.

I also plan to write some code called after each control modification, so that the user can be asked if the control in other profiles should be updated.

A good point of the new "fpsconfig" GUI is that it will hide the multiple profiles inside a configuration.
GIMX creator
McKack

Post by McKack »

Matlo wrote:I also plan to write some code called after each control modification, so that the user can be asked if the control in other profiles should be updated.
Sounds like another great feature :)