Improving the GIMX websites

Have something you would like to say? let us know.
zuxicovp

Improving the GIMX websites

Post by zuxicovp »

Hello, I had a few suggestions to make with improving GIMX navigation. When you google GIMX, first result is the blog. The blog has no links to the forum, the sidebar of the blog should have easy to use links to the wiki, forum, and google code page.

The second result in google is the wiki. The wiki has no links to the forum from the main page. In google, the result for the wiki is Tutorials - GIMX- Game Index MultipleXer. This is confusing to a person who is hearing of GIMX for the first time and wants to check it out. I suggest changing the main page title to just GIMX Wiki Main Page (Or some variant of that).

The third result in google is the google code page. I see no problem with it.

I think the best course of action would be to overhaul the Blog, or create a new one, and use that as our home page. It would be clean, have a intro for new users who have just heard about GIMX, and links to all our sub sites (Wiki, Forum, Google Code page, etc)

Let me know what you all think of this please, and thanks for reading.
Matlo

Re: Improving the GIMX websites

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

The blog has a menu bar on the top, with links to the wiki, forum, and source code.

The second link I get in google results is the wiki main page, which also links to everywhere.
GIMX creator