Wii Console Support

Have something you would like to say? let us know.
Gman

Wii Console Support

Post by Gman »

Hi, this is an interesting program you are making and I did a search to see if the wii will be supported and I found a post in 2011 that says you don't have a wii. The wii and wii u are probably the biggest consoles that need this kind of software because motion controls suck. You probably won't even have to write as much code since the dolphin emulator already emulates the wiimote perfectly and you can use their code since it is open source. Also because you lack a wii, you can use another computer running the dolphin emulator for testing instead of a real wii. I am sure the wii and wii u gamers would love an alternative way to play.
HIGH5

Re: Wii Console Support

Post by HIGH5 »

If i remember right Matlo doesn't like the Wii :lol:
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

As I see it the dolphin emulator does not emulate a wiimote. It takes a wiimote as an input device, which is not exactly the same thing.

In case someone want to work on adding wiimote emulation to GIMX, there's a good documentation there: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote
GIMX creator
Gman

Post by Gman »

Thanks for the reply.

Dolphin actually does emulate the wiimote because when you play wii games on the emulator, you don't need to use a wiimote at all. You can use an xbox 360 controller or even a keyboard and mouse.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I think it doesn't emulate the bluetooth stack: it probably maps all inputs to an internal event model.
GIMX creator
Gman

Post by Gman »

I see what you mean now, I will probably sell my wii if support is not going to be done and build an emulation box because the wii controls do suck.