Configuration Requests and Index thread

Post or request custom configuration files.
MaxiM

Re: Configuration Requests and Index thread

Post by MaxiM »

McKack wrote:Better? Well, I'm not sure about that. Especially not being able to test it with the high precision enabled.
Configs/feel of aim is often personal preference :)
I'll keep a lookout for cheap, second hand copies of the game, though, and I'll try to come up with something better.
Thanks, gonna try it this evening :]

I got my KZ2 second hand as well, for about $9 and that was a year ago, so now it should be even cheaper ;)

EDIT: Just spent the last hour testing new values you provided. I came close to yours for the config with precision aiming, but even though yours was made without it, it actually was better than mine with precision on! All I had to do was setting DZ to 22 and multiplier to 20. My problem was that I never touched the smoothing buffer and that was a mistake, but I haven't seen it used in other configs. I left the smoothing values the same as yours and I'm playing with precision on. Works great - not fantastic, but much better than my previous settings. That mission on Elite difficulty that gave me trouble was much easier this time around. Thanks a metric ton mate. I can only imagine you could fine tune this config even more if you could get your hands on the game 8-)
McKack

Post by McKack »

Good to hear :)
I ordered a copy of KZ2 yesterday.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
MaxiM

Post by MaxiM »

McKack wrote:Good to hear :)
I ordered a copy of KZ2 yesterday.
Do you think there's something that can be done about that damn deceleration in KZ2? You know, the one that makes the character rotate slower the faster you are with your mouse. I'm a twitchy PC gamer who plays on very low sensitivity settings for max precision, so I tend to do sharp and wide movements with the mouse when I want to do a 180* spin, and in KZ2 it's doing the opposite to what's expected :?

Btw, you have created that config for 2000dpi, right?
McKack

Post by McKack »

We'll see.

That config was created for 3600DPI.
With a freshly downloaded config at hand you can open it up in Gimx-config and go to Edit > Set Mouse DPI and enter in your DPI.
This will automatically adjust all the mouse related values necessary in the config to give you approximately the same "feel" with 2000DPI, for example, that I got with 3600DPI when I created it (I say "approximately" because a lower or higher DPI will obviously give a somewhat different feel even when the values are perfectly adjusted to match the feel of the original configuration.)
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
MaxiM

Post by MaxiM »

McKack wrote:We'll see.

That config was created for 3600DPI.
Yeah, I've found the converter and that's why I asked about the DPI. I wasn't sure if you made it for your mouse or mine :]

I'd use the mouse from my PC (Logitech G9), but I don't feel like juggling hardware between my PC and laptop all the time, that's why I'm trying to make the most of the MX518 :]
TOCS

Post by TOCS »

When my development board arrives, I'm probably gonna test the first Bad Company game and Battlefield 1943, so I'd be cool if someone would fix something up. :mrgreen:
McKack

Post by McKack »

I can release my Bad Company 2 config. It'll work with 1943 unless the layout is completely different and it might work with Bad Company 1 even though it runs on the Frostbite Engine 1.0 (Bad Company 2 and 1943 is 1.5)

If you provide screenshots of the layouts from the games I can modify and create separate configs if needed.
TOCS

Post by TOCS »

I'm not worried about mapping my keys, but rather the whole deadzone/sensivity adjustment. I bet it takes some time fiddling for a proper setting.
McKack

Post by McKack »

In that case: Normalized parameters
bCloud09c

Post by bCloud09c »

Does anyone have a Mass Effect 3 config for PS3?