Grand Theft Auto 5 - G500

Post or request custom configuration files.
Duetschbag

Grand Theft Auto 5 - G500

Post by Duetschbag »

If anyone picks up this game and finds some good settings for a G500, please let me know.

The button configs are ridiculously weird compared to playing GTA 4 on the PC, but my clan decided to get it on PS3 instead of waiting for a PC release. I've got it working pretty good until I ADS, then it starts working like crap. It's choppy and micro movements are difficult. I'm going to keep working on it, but would love to hear from anyone else who is playing around with it.
Duetschbag

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 - G500

Post by Duetschbag »

Alrighty. I think I've got a pretty good config going right now. It could probably use some minor adjustments but for the most part, it feels pretty good. In game sensitivity is maxed, mouse DPI cranked up all the way and no other configurations on the mouse. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Hoping to get some feedback on what changes could be made to improve the config.

http://pastebin.com/rwyQtqsM

In regards to this config, I do have a question. I'm new to GIMX and I was wondering if it is possible to switch a key map by pressing a button? What I am trying to accomplish is that, in GTA when you get into a car the controls aren't what they would be in a typical PC layout. Gas is left click, brake is right click, hand brake is Shift and it makes it difficult to shoot while you are in a vehicle. What I would like to is when I get into a car, I could press "Q" or another button to switch my keymap, and then have the alternate config setup to make it easier to drive and shoot from vehicles.

If there is a link that discusses this topic on the Wiki that I missed or someone can give me some information on it, that would be great!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Thanks for sharing.

I don't have the game, but I can help you understand how to calibrate the parameters.

Did you read this wiki page and did you follow the step by step instructions?
If there is anything you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask.

Generally:
1. the dead zone is in [20..40].
2. the acceleration has to be set below 0.50.
3. the x/y ratio is above 1.50.

These may not apply to every game, and the only way to find the right value is to calibrate the parameters in the right order, using the calibration mode.

You can edit up to 8 profiles, using gimx-config. The second profile is generally used to tweak the ADS, and is automatically added by gimx-fpsconfig.
GIMX creator
Duetschbag

Post by Duetschbag »

I did read the wiki page and followed the step by step instructions. The config that I posted was the best I could make it feel with the amount of time that I put in. I started getting into the gameplay too much to take a break. :P

I'll take a look at my settings again and see if I can configure them to meet those general rules that you posted below and see if that makes it feel more fluid.

I noticed that I could edit up to 8 profiles, but was sort of confused on how to actually change the keymap my pressing a button. I'll take a look sometime over this weekend and see if I can figure it out.
mirc00

Post by mirc00 »

Any updates on your config? It's awesome, but the mouse is pretty slow, like you need to turn your mouse pretty hard to make a turn in game. Feels slow, would be cool if you could increase the acceleration above 2.00, but it's not possible, right?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Did you try to increase the sensitivity?
GIMX creator
mirc00

Post by mirc00 »

Yea, i tried it with 1.00 first. Changed it to 5.00 and 20.00 but doesn't seem to make a big difference for GTA 5. Playing with a G500 at 1100 DPI, even changing to 5700 DPI does not change the sensitivity big.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

You should have set the mouse DPI and the in-game sensitivity to the highest values before doing anything...
GIMX creator