Gimx adapter

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
Wubxxi-

Gimx adapter

Post by Wubxxi- »

Okay so i built a gimx adapter and only used the fps config tool because it was much simpler and i finally got use to it and the other config tool called "config". I never knew how to make different profiles so i just used one for a fps called rainbow six siege and i finally used "config" to make two profiles. I made both of the profiles but i didn't know how to fine tune my mouse settings in config so i opened the same file that had 2 profiles in fps config and i fixed it there but, it made a glitch where it combined both profiles and lets say q was to lean left. Q would also be my sprint button which was originally capslocks. I know its because i opened the config file in the fps config but is there a way to undo that with out having to recreate my whole file/config?
Matlo

Re: Gimx adapter

Post by Matlo »

I moved your topic to the GIMX discussion section.

You have to fix your config using gimx-config. You should have the same bindings in both profiles.

And for the calibration you should use the calibration tool: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Mouse_Calibration
GIMX creator
Wubxxi-

Post by Wubxxi- »

I guess i dont understand the multiple profiles yet
Wubxxi-

Post by Wubxxi- »

I understand what your saying but when i enter the fps config app and open that file it said profiles 1 & 2 do not contain the same bindings. Editing this conf with gimx-fpscinfig can mess the bindings
Wubxxi-

Post by Wubxxi- »

I don't understand this. I also don't know what matter or what it means to be moved into a gimx discussion.
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

The difference between profiles are sensitivity, accele, deadzone,... not buttons. So if buttons are not matched in all profiles, the warning message will show up.
Of course if you want to change button layout to suit your control purpose (like driving mode, airplane mode, ...) you can use 2 or more profiles without a same buttons layout and ignore that warning message.
PS4 enthusiast.
Wubxxi-

Post by Wubxxi- »

One more question. I made a config for rainbow six siege where you knife with one analog and sprint with the other while hip firing or not ads-ing, when aiming down sights you can lean with left and right analog. is it possible to make 2 profiles, one for hip aim and aiming down sights?
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Of course you can. What you need to do is just open gimx-config, uncheck Link Controls and bind any keys you want in profile 1 / 2.
PS4 enthusiast.
Wubxxi-

gimx update?

Post by Wubxxi- »

I was using my home made gimx adapter last night and it was working fine. now the day after its not working... Everything is plugged in right and i cant seem to find out whats wrong with it. Here is the code that is written when i launch the gimx start up application

src/windows/gprio.c:26 gprio: failed to set priority class
global option -c with value `rainbow 6 siege v4.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM3'
now reading arguments for controller #2
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
../gimxcommon/src/windows/async.c:327 async_read_timeout: ReadFile failed: timeout expired.
Error: failed to read packet header from the GIMX adapter
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Check the cables.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike