GIMX and Forza Horizon 4

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
MikeJeffries

GIMX and Forza Horizon 4

Post by MikeJeffries »

Hey Everyone!
I finally got my GIMX this past weekend and got it working with my Accuforce Pro V2 wheel and my HPP PRX Pedals...

I noticed that I have FFB but when I turn the wheel, at a certain point I lose FFB and it gets loose. Is this normal in Forza Horizon 4?
Does anyone know why this happens when I turn the wheel past a certain point? It doesn't always happen, but it feels as if my wheel is clipping and losing FFB, but I dont know how that could be when I have the FFB turned down alot and this is a Direct Drive wheel.

Any help would be appreciated.
isamu

Re: GIMX and Forza Horizon 4

Post by isamu »

Yes it's the game. Check your game ffb settings and turn minimum understeer to around 10 and make sure your AF Wheel degrees of rotation is either 540 or 360 to make the most of the car's steering input. I'm a Bodnar DD wheel and have my DOF at 360º and it feels good.
MikeJeffries

Post by MikeJeffries »

isamu wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:11 pm Yes it's the game. Check your game ffb settings and turn minimum understeer to around 10 and make sure your AF Wheel degrees of rotation is either 540 or 360 to make the most of the car's steering input. I'm a Bodnar DD wheel and have my DOF at 360º and it feels good.
Thats funny you say that... Logitech G27 Controller originally had it at 200 degrees and my accuforce settings are always at 900 degrees.

I saw this one youtuber that is doing live streams with a DD wheel and I noticed he had it at 900, so I put it up to 900 as well, and it feels fine except for the FFB

I might switch it down now as well, that might be the issue.

Should I drop the Deg of Rotation in the Logitech G27 Properties, along with my SimCommander 4 settings for my wheel, AND IN-GAME also? all 3 places you think?
isamu

Post by isamu »

Logitech G27 properties DOR doesn't do anything AFAICT. Set it to like 540 in the Accuforce profiler and the game will detect it as having that DOR.
MikeJeffries

Post by MikeJeffries »

isamu wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:30 pm Logitech G27 properties DOR doesn't do anything AFAICT. Set it to like 540 in the Accuforce profiler and the game will detect it as having that DOR.
Thanks Isamu - i got the wheel configured perfectly but my biggest issue is my HPP Pedals. I have the throttle floored and it has minor disconnects for a split second or two and that cause me to lose speed when racing. I dont know why it's happening. It's as if something is causing the connection to interrupt.