G25 on FH4 Steam

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Huntrius

G25 on FH4 Steam

Post by Huntrius »

Hi... I have steam version of Forza horizon 4 and wheel logitech g25 and it's works bad.
Can i use EMUG29PS4 firmware on pc with G29 drivers for this game?
Thanks!
GoDlike

Re: G25 on FH4 Steam

Post by GoDlike »

I suggest using G27PC as this firmware is intended for emulating wheel on PC.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Huntrius

Post by Huntrius »

GoDlike wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:13 am I suggest using G27PC as this firmware is intended for emulating wheel on PC.
G27 in forza horizon 4 steam working similar...
Clutch pedal not working and not binding, but G29 working fine
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

You may try G29PS4 but it's not guaranteed to work on PC
isamu

Post by isamu »

GoDlike wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:51 am You may try G29PS4 but it's not guaranteed to work on PC
Hello Godlike. It's funny you mentioned this. I happen to be in the middle of experimenting and trying to get my target PC to recognize GIMX as a G29 wheel. I figured this may work, since the *actual* G29 wheel for PS4 *can* be used on PC, using Logitech Gaming Hub software to install the correct drivers. While Windows does see it, unfortunately there is no functionality whatsoever in Windows control panel. Windows Control Panel displays the wheel under the correct name("Logitech G29 Racing Wheel"), but steering the wheel to the left or right, or pressing the pedals does nothing. Furthermore, neither Logitech Gaming Software or the newer "Logitech G-Hub" picks up the device at all.

I find this a bit strange, because even though the firmware GIMX uses to load the adapter with is designed to work as the PS4 version of the G29, it should still be picked up and properly installed by either G-Hub or the slightly older LGS.

I'm curious as to what your thoughts are on why it doesn't appear to be working? Any thing I may be missing in the chain, that may have missed, to get my PC to see the wheel as a G29 and install the drivers? To anyone out there that got their GIMX adapter to work on your PC as an emulated "G29" wheel, can you please reply and tell us what drivers or other things you did to make it work properly?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

When we do firmware for some device we also send specific packets for it. G29PS4 firmware has a lot of undocumented and unknown packets we captured coming from/to wheel and we send these to PS4 to make it working like it was the real device. One of these may be causing problems with Windows. That's my assumption but it may also doesn't work because of something entirely different.
isamu

Post by isamu »

Thanks for the swift reply. Yeah I think you may be onto something with your theory. I suspect that the firmware GIMX is using is the PS4 specific firmware containing drivers that work *exclusively* with the PS4.

If I had to speculate, my theory would be that when you use a REAL actual G29 wheel and you plug it into the PC, Windows installs the correct drivers because there is probably a Windows-specific firmware on the actual circuitry of the G29 PCB, that is missing from the G29 firmware GIMX uses. That is why when I first plugged GIMX into my target PC from my laptop, it installed some other type of driver, called "Logitech Racing Wheel(COM 7)", which is obviously something else entirely.

Anyway just thought I'd experiment a little and see if I could get it to work. Thankfully we *DO* have the Logitech G27 PC firmware we can use, which is nothing short of a blessing from MATLO :) Therefore no harm, no foul. I will carry on as usual enjoying the wheel on PC with the G27 drivers.

Hopefully we will get an emulated Fanatec wheel firmware to work with someday, but I know that will involve a ton of work and way down the line, if ever. *Fingers crossed nonetheless* 8-)
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

I think you should check if it works under linux.
isamu

Post by isamu »

GoDlike wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:13 pm I think you should check if it works under linux.
Thanks but I don't have access to Linux.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

You can boot up live version from USB