Is this possible: Swap Joystick axis via button hold?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
SteamController

Is this possible: Swap Joystick axis via button hold?

Post by SteamController »

I was wondering if it was possible with GIMX to change the axis that the mouse controls the Left Joystick (instead of the Right Joystick) while a button is held down. I couldn't see anything similar in the config program but maybe it is possible by editing the XML file directly... I know there is support for swapping between Profile 1 and Profile 2 while holding a button (usually the ADS button AKA L2) which is very helpful. I'd love to be able to extend on that -- Hold ALT to swap to Profile 3, hold J to swap to Profile 4, etc.

Thanks!
-- -- --
:mrgreen: Michael from USA here. I'm selling GIMX USB adapters on eBay and Etsy!
Compact design supporting modern USB-C cables. :P
GoDlike

Re: Is this possible: Swap Joystick axis via button hold?

Post by GoDlike »

That swapping is possible for any profile. Just run gimx-config and check profile trigger options. There should be checkbox that enables it to switch back to previous profile if you release button.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
SteamController

GoDlike wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:10 pm That swapping is possible for any profile. Just run gimx-config and check profile trigger options. There should be checkbox that enables it to switch back to previous profile if you release button.
Yes I see the Profile Trigger with "Switch back". But this only changes from Profile 1 to Profile 2 and is just a single button. I'm looking for:

Right Mouse Button changes to Profile 2 (and switches back)
ALT changes to Profile 3 (and switches back)
J changes to Profile 4 (and switches back)

Profile Trigger only has one choice, and a "Delete" button to clear it. There is no "Add" to add another configuration or tell it what Profile to switch to. Looking at the XML though it seems possible
-- -- --
:mrgreen: Michael from USA here. I'm selling GIMX USB adapters on eBay and Etsy!
SteamController

ok wait a second maybe I was thinking about this backwards. Inspecting the XML, each "<configuration" has a "<trigger" element. Am I supposed to go to each Profile and set that profile's trigger there? Answer is probably YES :D and would explain also why I had a weird glitch when 2 profiles had the same trigger (ADS L2)

EDIT: Solved. Thanks, I understand the profile triggers now. you set the button activation of that profile ON THE PROFILE itself.
-- -- --
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Yes that's right :)
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike