What's status of the project?

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
hoja

What's status of the project?

Post by hoja »

With last commit on github being a year ago, I wonder if there is any active development and if yes, where?
GoDlike

Re: Is the project dead?

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,

It's not dead. Most of the development happens to the next version of gimx which is not public yet. It's a lot of work because it also requires new adapter and new firmwares.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
hoja

Post by hoja »

Thanks GoDlike, that's good to know.

Can you share anything about the new version? Like what new adapter will be used?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Sure. It's not a secret about that adapter because there's just one choice - ARM Based adapter with unified firmware that doesn't need te reflashing to work with different console. Much of it is not possible to do with our current one as it's just too weak.

I changed topic name because it could be misleading for some poeple. Hope you don't mind.
hoja

Re: What's status of the project?

Post by hoja »

GoDlike wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:04 am Sure. It's not a secret about that adapter because there's just one choice - ARM Based adapter with unified firmware that doesn't need te reflashing to work with different console. Much of it is not possible to do with our current one as it's just too weak.

I changed topic name because it could be misleading for some poeple. Hope you don't mind.
Of course not. Thanks for the info.
Since the topic is now "What's status of the project?" let me ask again, three months later :)
Any updates about the new version? Is there a way to contribute?
GoDlike

Re: What's status of the project?

Post by GoDlike »

It's still under development by Matlo. He does that for free in his free time and he's really busy last months, so development is slow.

As for contribution - sure. Just contact Matlo about it on the forum. Im sure he'll be happy that you would like to help him with development.