Connecting GIMX to Blueretro devices

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
mrmxy

Connecting GIMX to Blueretro devices

Post by mrmxy »

By using a PS3 controller paired to a Blueretro device, I'm able to connect GIMX to the same Blueretro (for those unfamiliar, these are devices for using BT controllers on retro consoles). The connection is successful but unfortunately the consoles don't seem to recognize any inputs. I've tried this with that same PS3 controller, a 360 controller, and a simple keyboard config with no luck. The same controllers did work fine on the same consoles using Brook adapters and a Titan One via GIMX. I'm using Ubuntu 22.04 but had the same results on Linux Mint 19. Is there a way to do this?
GoDlike

Re: Connecting GIMX to Blueretro devices

Post by GoDlike »

Make sure you pressed PS button first on the mapped device.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
mrmxy

Post by mrmxy »

When should I press the PS button? I tried before, during and after connecting to the Blueretro with the same results. Both GIMX and Blueretro say it's connected but nothing happens.
pastiegave

Post by pastiegave »

mrmxy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:01 am When should I press the PS button? I tried before, during and after connecting to the Blueretro with the same results. Both GIMX and Blueretro say it's connected but nothing happens.
Blueretro works for me, I tried the PS button
mrmxy

Post by mrmxy »

When did you press the PS button? Are you connected as PS3 or PS4? I've been trying for a long time under various linux installs and it connects but won't register inputs.