Need help with Teensy + Ps4/Ds4+ Gimx (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Yerude

Need help with Teensy + Ps4/Ds4+ Gimx (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)

Post by Yerude »

Hi,

as a Linux New Be getting started was very difficult for me.

I have two different kinds of Teenseys. A Teensy 2.0 Atmel ATMEGA32U4 with original PJRC and i also own a Teensy 3.1 (which isnt supported i guess).
First i tried to make my Teensy Loader work so i installed Arduino. If i test around with example programs i can upload them to my teensy device. So i guess it should work.

I also downloaded and copied the rules file.

Also i installed Gimx and downloaded some config files for ps4.
Starting Gimx and chosing the config is no problem. But pairing doesnt work.
Gimx recognizes my Ds4 and my Bluetooth dongle (Hama dongle listed as working in Wiki) but is not able to pair with my Teensy.
It always asks again if i plugged the Teensy in. So i tried to pair ith with the help of the terminal.
But i only found a gimx-ps4-helper.sh file. Unfortunately all informations about pairing with the terminal was in spanish. And my spanish is just average (well my english isnt much better, but good enough)
Again if i follow the steps of the helper file it stops when they want me to plug the teensy in.

I dont know if i broke my teensy somehow with wrong code or settings i made with arduino. Maybe also arduino killed the drivers in a way gimx is not able to make it work. I think this cannot be because it sounds unlogical because it doesnt explain why gimx doesnt even detect it.
Do i even have to install arduino for using my teensy with gimx?

I spend hours and days figuring out how i could fix this problem. I also spend alot money (Bluetooth dongle + new mouse with 5000 dpi, Teensy)

Please help me! And please no "read the fucking manuals" content answers because i am realy upset.
(If you maybe know german tutorials it would be also very great, but english is okay too.)
Matlo

Re: Need help with Teensy + Ps4/Ds4+ Gimx (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

There's no need to use the arduino software, you can just use the stand-alone teensy loader instead.
I recommend you to persist using the GUI instead of doing anything from the terminal.
The Spanish instructions you are referring to are probably from an unofficial/outdated website. You should read the GIMX wiki instead.
The following page contains additional instructions for the PS4: http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=PS4

Don't hesitate to ask further questions. If the setup fails, please provide details about the failure.
GIMX creator
Yerude

Post by Yerude »

In the Wiki they say the tutorial is outdated.

I used the Teensyloader instead of arduino now as you recommended.
But still it doesnt work. If i try to pair my Controller with the Gimx-launcher it just always ask me if i pluged the teensy. If i click on yes it asks me again.

In the Loader i can activated and reboot my teensy. Do i need to load some script with my teensy first? (thought gimx would do so)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

After loading the firmware, did you reboot the teensy?
GIMX creator