GIMX 5.2

Updates and News about GIMX
Matlo

GIMX 5.2

Post by Matlo »

This is a release with enhancements.

Notes:
  • Remove the /var/lib/joystick/joystick.state file if you calibrated your Logitech wheel on GNU/Linux.
  • The G27, DFGT and Momo Racing configs have been updated (use "Help>Download configs" in gimx-launcher). These configs contains new parameters (editable in the "Overall>Joystick corrections" panel).
  • Use GIMX x86_64 on 64bit Windows. GIMX i386 only works on 32bit Windows.
  • The G29 wheel emulation does not work yet on Raspbian.
Please report issues here: link.

Read GIMX 1.00 annoucement in case of upgrade from GIMX 0.51 or older.
Read GIMX 1.10 annoucement in case of upgrade from GIMX 1.02 or older.

Known issues

Fixed issues.

Software download.
Firmware download.
GIMX creator
Ace

Re: GIMX 5.2

Post by Ace »

Is the problem with G29 spoofing on the Raspberry Pi a problem where other Logitech wheels are not detected? With v5.1, I was able to get the G25 working (albeit with a lot of issues, probably due to using my Arduino Uno's AtMega16u2 as a USB to serial TTL converter instead of an actual USB to serial TTL converter chip - I'm still waiting for a SparkFun USB to serial breakout board using the FT232RL, so I'm stuck with this for the time being), but on v5.2, the G25 is never recognized. It shows up using lsusb and I can alter settings with LTWheelConf, but GIMX simply refuses to recognize the wheel.
Matlo

Re: GIMX 5.2

Post by Matlo »

On the Raspberry Pi all Logitech wheels should be correctly detected, and inputs should work fine. The problem is that the kernel fails to send most of the FFB commands to the wheel.
Matlo wrote:GIMX simply refuses to recognize the wheel.
Please post your issue in the support section.
GIMX creator