xbox classic support

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
ToniHC

Re: xbox classic support

Post by ToniHC »

Hello guys,

Big thanks for add xbox classic to GIMX. I didn't know this project until last week a friend notice me of this.

I tested a Xbox 360 controller working great, I done a video for show in my youtube channel.

I want to learn how to add more controllers :) I have a doubt, It's possible add a PC controllers like 8bitd0? this will be amazing.

Best.

ToniHC
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Any PC compatible controllers will work :)
PS4 enthusiast.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

This feature is released in GIMX 8.0. Please check if you find any issue.
GIMX creator
bad_bo

Post by bad_bo »

Then I believe this will work with an XBOX one controller right?

Also, I have an old Leonardo arduino R3 hat I used for my DFGT to PS4 project back then. Will this board still work? .... I have been out of touch for a long time.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

It will work with any controller that works on windows/linux.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
bad_bo

Post by bad_bo »

thanks
update: It works amazing!!!.
I am using a leonardo arduino and a CP2102
erfg12

Post by erfg12 »

@Matlo fantastic job, works great!

Question, there's a power button mod you can do to a controller that lets you power the console on/off by pressing a button. Is there a way to include this function in the GIMX buttons somewhere? I believe it uses the Video Sync and Ground on the controller to send the power command. A solder on the other end of the motherboard is necessary for this to work as well.
There's 4 wires in a Xbox controller just like a USB cable and a 5th Yellow wire that isn't used for anything but light guns and stuff. You basically desolder the yellow wire inside the console, and connect it to the power button contact point. Inside the controller you desolder the other end of the yellow wire and solder it onto any kind of button you can find or buy (connect yellow to any ground available in the controller).

When you press the button it instantly turns on or off the Xbox like you got up and pressed the button.
I'm guessing I'll have to connect the yellow wire from the USB to Xbox Controller Port adapter to the Teensy board and send a signal through it somehow. I am 100% inexperienced with Teensy boards.

UPDATE: Here's a modification I did, but I haven't tested it. Would this work? https://gist.github.com/erfg12/8982bc44 ... 0c2f6da2a3