[Config][XOne]Apex Legends Season 2

Post or request custom configuration files.
domasb

Re: [Config][XOne]Apex Legends Season 2

Post by domasb »

Thank you very much for such an in-depth guide. I've done all the steps and it worked out fine. One thing that also caught my attention was that "anti recoil" thing. There's macro support on gimx, however, I believe it wouldn't be as consistent and you'd have to create multiple profiles for different guns. Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

"
domasb

Post by domasb »

Hey, what about the look settings? Have you managed to get a pc like feel? I tried to calibrate a 12000 dpi mouse, but I couldn't find the right dead zone so it wouldn't drift. Also, what are your in-game settings? Do you use advanced look controls? I'd be interested to see what mouse axis values you have in your config.

Thank you
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

This config was created a long time ago so it should be marked as "outdate" atm. I no longer play Apex Legends :(
PS4 enthusiast.
domasb

Post by domasb »

SteamController wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:31 pm
domasb wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:17 am Where can I find a guide or example of how to use multiple profiles and switchbacks?
Hi domasb,

I have extensively customized Apex Legends PS4/PS5 with GIMX. I have some tips for you for getting the most PC like experience out of the game. You'll need to customize your GIMX config as well as the game itself.

First, set your Apex Legends configuration to "South Paw" which switches Left and Right stick. This means that Camera control is on the Left stick, and Movement is on the Right stick. Why? Because even when you do this, in the menu system, the Left Stick still controls the menu cursor -- this is very important for the next step. In GIMX, set your mouse X and mouse Y to control the Left Stick instead of the typical right stick. Then set WASD to Right stick Up/Left/Down/Right. Then in Apex Legends set your menu cursor speed to SUPER HIGH, like 90%. Since your mouse controls the cursor now you can make small or big movements more easily. Also, "W" scrolls up and "S" scrolls down.

Next up, you'll probably want to optimize Looting/Taking things from boxes in the menu and Dropping/Transferring Things. By default, the game has (X) as "Take" and (Square) as Transfer/Drop. However, you probably will map your Left mouse button to R2 (Shoot) and Right mouse button to ADS (L2). this is different from PC, where Left mouse button is "Take" in loot boxes and Right mouse button is Drop/Transfer. The way to solve this is to change your Apex Legends button mapping like this:

X/Cross - Shoot
Square - ADS (Aim Down Sight)
L2 - Use/Interact/Reload
R2 - Jump

With these changes, you can configure your GIMX buttons to map to this:

Left Mouse Button = X
Right Mouse Button = Square
Space = R2
E = L2 (or whatever key you want for "Use/Reload")

Now in the game, Left Mouse Click will be Shoot but also "Take" in the menu, just like on PC. The only downside is that the button prompts for Use/Interact/Reload might be weird since it will say "L2" but you'll have to just memorize what PC key that is (e.g. E )

Also note that with these changes, Map zoom in will be Spacebar (R2) and zoom out will be L2 (E).

Now to tackle easier Health and Grenade wheels, you can copy your Profile to other Profiles (2 and 3). Choose Profile 2, and on the Overall - Profile Trigger tab, you can assign a button to this profile meaning that when the key is held, this profile becomes active, but when you let go, it switches back to Profile 1. Click "Auto Detect" and press 4 (for Health wheel). Check the "Switch back" box.

Now choose the "Axis" tab. You can edit the sensitivity of the Mouse X and Y axis just for this profile; for this one you'll want to increase the sensitivity so that small mouse movements result in more extreme stick movements which helps select the health item. I recommend increasing by 1.0 and try it out.

Now repeat the steps for Profile 3 which you can assign to the "G" key for grenade wheel.

I ment to reply to this post, by steamcontroller

Hey, what about the look settings? Have you managed to get a pc like feel? I tried to calibrate a 12000 dpi mouse, but I couldn't find the right dead zone so it wouldn't drift. Also, what are your in-game settings? Do you use advanced look controls? I'd be interested to see what mouse axis values you have in your config.

Thank you
SteamController

Post by SteamController »

domasb wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:46 am
I ment to reply to this post, by steamcontroller

Thank you
Sorry for late reply. I don't get email notifications of replies here. Maybe I'll try to fix that.

I don't get look drifting but i can tell you that I didn't use advanced look controls in apex legends, I used defaults settings mostly but with "Linear" response curve and sensitivity set to the 2nd to highest possible notch (since I have heard that on the max sensitivity the game disables aim assist). For mouse DPI that is a challenging one. I just found a good setting on my mouse and locked it to that, then i tweaked the numbers in the config until it felt good. It's not as good as PC but it's pretty good.

Here is my apex legends gimx config. https://pastebin.com/B8BahpPU
-- -- --
:mrgreen: Michael from USA here. I'm selling GIMX USB adapters on eBay and Etsy!
Compact design supporting modern USB-C cables. :P