Gimx - Rainbow 6 Montage #2

Share your videos of GIMX in action
CMW

Gimx - Rainbow 6 Montage #2

Post by CMW »

Hi! This is My Second Montage Of Rainbow Six Siege. For those who are wondering I am using FluffyWafflez's R6 config with nothing ajusted. http://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2939
Here is my progress after 3 months of playing Mouse and Keyboard
Mnk on Rainbow Six Siege is NOT cheating, just using my soldering skills to my advantage.
GoDlike

Re: Gimx - Rainbow 6 Montage #2

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,

I fixed your post. Include only video id, not the whole link between youtube tags.

Thanks for the video. Mouse > Pad :)
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
CMW

Post by CMW »

Thanks m8! Just happy to support this awesome community.
GIMX > Xim :)
Mnk on Rainbow Six Siege is NOT cheating, just using my soldering skills to my advantage.
IPbanned

Post by IPbanned »

Hey,
I am using the same configuration. I have the surface book mouse, 3200 dpi. Your video is awesome, I subbed and likes and commented on youtube, Mr. Wirig.

In-game, I have increased RS DZ to 50, everything else at max.

Before I loaded up the configuration, I used FPSconfig to change from 16000 to 3200 dpi.

When I use ctrl+F1 and then change the circle radius to less than 22, I get rid of the jerkiness of the mouse. I am telling you this thing moves smoother than anything else I have tried before, and I have been trying since last December.

My issue is:
I have to change this mouse calibration setting every time I load the config on the launcher, and it is annoying scrolling from 512 to 1 lol; is there a way to code it so that the launcher starts me at circle radius=1 instead of 512.

Also by using the lower radius, when I move the mouse really fast I see an appropriate movement on the screen whereas before the screen would move even slower if i were to move the mouse faster compared to moving it slow. my grammar can be really shyyte sometimes, let me know if this was confusing. (I came up to this conclusion of changing radius with Fluffywafflz over xbox live party chat, he was extremely respectful and sincere about helping me out.)

Another issue I have been having is when I click both RMB and LMB to aim and shoot respectively, the mouse cursor on my surface book appears on the screen and it is not supposed to. Basically mouse capture is lost upon the pressing of the two buttons and moving mouse, in the forums another person had the same issue. This issue presented itself after I installed the latest update, 7.15 version I believe.

ps @GoDlike thank you and your colleague for everything
CMW

Post by CMW »

Thanks dude for all the support on my video! When I use the configuration on Xbox I have my deadzone all the way down to 5 on both ones. I don't know if that is your issue but try out lowering your deadzone in the rainbow six siege game all the way down to 5.
IPbanned

Post by IPbanned »

For sure!

I had that as my original setting when I played with a controller, and DZ at 50 worked better but i Will give it a shot.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Not sure how changing circle test radius can help: this is not a translation parameter. Circle test helps adjusting the x/y ratio.

https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Mouse_Calibration
GIMX creator
IPbanned

Post by IPbanned »

That's what I thought too, but once I lower radius to 1 from 512, my mouse starts to work better. So in my head, I thought circle radius is a polar graph with r=512, and since at radius=22 my mouse starts working near perfectly, I thought that right stick being pushed all the way to the edge corresponds to a radius of approximately 22 on the gimx programs. And since I am no longer exceeding from the controller stick's maximum threshold, at least in terms of code that emulates the controller, I thought circle radius is something else. And I read that forum as well before, but going against the forums I have near-perfect aim with lower radius. Regardless of what circle radius is, this solution seems to be the only thing left for me to do before I join my diamond friends in ranked lobbies.. I just need to xml script for making radius stay at 1 when I launch configurations. Also, I can share the configuration from fluffywafflz although I did edit some things.

I never took any coding classes except HTML and that was over 8 years ago, so I am really out of my league lmao
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The radius is only used in the circle_test function, which generates a circular mouse movement (like if you were moving your mouse in a perfect circle) so that you can check if x/y ratio is properly set. It is only active when adjusting either the radius or the velocity. It does not make sense to have that test running while playing.
IPbanned wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:52 pm In-game, I have increased RS DZ to 50, everything else at max.
Increasing in-game dead zone is not a good idea. Killing the dead zone is part of a good translation. You should set it to the lowest value. Then perform calibration again, from the beginning. Follow the wiki instructions.
GIMX creator
IPbanned

Post by IPbanned »

I will re-edit a brand new copy of fluffywafflez's configuration and let you know where I will end up. but my 3200 dpi mouse will not be great with different settings.. I just cant get acceleration correctly.. when I move the mouse to fast it even moves slower. This is because the cursor is going ppast the threshold of the right stick, so if the cursor could only go until the threshold of the controller, I would get smoother movement on my mouse.