Diy steering wheel on Xbox one FH4/FM7

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
penguin123

Diy steering wheel on Xbox one FH4/FM7

Post by penguin123 »

Hi
I have made a diy steering wheel by having cogs and ropes that take the pedal and steering wheel inputs and physically push the triggers and move the joystick. Also there is a controller mounted to the the steering with wires attached to buttons soldered to the bumper buttons to use as the flappy paddles but I have not manged to make reliable pair of flappy paddles.

As this whole setup requires a lot of fiddling to get to work Ii was wondering whether I could use gimx to use 2 USB joystick encoders (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-ZERO-DELA ... Swdrpb7MdQ) one joystick using each axis for brake and accelerator and one axis of the other joystick for the wheel. The button input being for the handbrake, clutch, flappy paddles or up down shifter sequential gearbox i think its called) or a h shifter.

Force feedback I don't expect to with the usb joystick encoder method and maybe it would be easier if it works to use a arduino set up for a computer sim racing setup and use the gimx software to make it work on xbox one?

Last two questions would a direct drive steering be possible to make /more useful?
I did have idea of maybe using an arduino to convert a h shifter into a paddle shifter input I have a idea of how to this but don't how to code at all and there could well be an easier option but the idea is the the arduino stores a number which is the gear you are in and if the gear stick goes to button /gear number four an it was in second it will send out to signals saying to change up twice (quality scratch coding) but obviously different cars have different numbers of gears this could mess up the number stored in arduino as it will go twice but the game won't if it is already in the highest gear also when stop dead in fh4 if go down one gear it will go to first.

Thank you for reading
GoDlike

Re: Diy steering wheel on Xbox one FH4/FM7

Post by GoDlike »

Hello. Xbox one steering wheel emulation is not ready yet. I am sorry.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

I'm still waiting for it too, please be patient :)
PS4 enthusiast.
penguin123

Post by penguin123 »

Okay thanks