Atmega.hex or Emug29ps4.hex

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
Dadima

Atmega.hex or Emug29ps4.hex

Post by Dadima »

Hi guys.. Im going to make the adapter this week. I plan to use a pro micro atmega32u4 with either ftdi or cp2102(doesn't matter, which one comes first).
But I got confuse in a few parts, which firmware should i load into the adapter. I saw a video on youtube that I should've load the atmega32u4.hex file into the pro micro, and other video I just need to load the Emug29ps4.hex into the gimx adapter..
Should I do both, or just need to upload the Emug29ps4.hex if I want to emulate the g29 on ps4 console. F.y.i, im not using any logitech or ffb wheel, just a cheap vibration wheel, but I got no problem on that, just wanna ensure my diy gimx works..
Thanks in advance
Matlo

Re: Atmega.hex or Emug29ps4.hex

Post by Matlo »

Hello,

Please check official guide: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Gu ... eringWheel
GIMX creator
Dadima

Post by Dadima »

Matlo wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:44 am Hello,

Please check official guide: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Gu ... eringWheel
Thanks @Matlo for replying in a timely manners. Yes, I did read that guide over and over. So I just assume that my pro micro was already loaded with the atmega32u4.hex inside, so I will just skip the step to load the bootloader on it. I will straight away load the emug29ps4.hex firmware on it.
Thank you and will update here if my adapter work with my ps2/xbox/pc wheel..
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Don't watch youtube vidoes about GIMX. They are unofficial and contains a lot of false information.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Dadima

Post by Dadima »

Guy, just wanna update my post.. Yesterday my pro micro and usb to serial arrived. As usual I can wait to reach home, to attemp my very 1st try of this superb adapter.
At first few hours I am still struggling to flash the firmware, due to my Win 7 doesn't recognise the digitally signed driver. After a few time restarting the pc and some researches on the web, I finally able to make my device manager recognised the pro micro as a leonardo. - The most important step done.

Now is the challenging part and crucial step - to flash the firmwares. Firstly I try to use the avrdude on the cmd by following your guide. First few attempts were failed due to my avrdude.exe path is not in the parent folder of the adruino builder, it is inside the \bin folder.. So, shift-rightclicked on the bin folder inside thr adruino folder, and run the avrdude comment, perfect. I am very happy when the Thank You text appear at the bottom of my cmd indicate that the flashing was done..

Here is the example of my avrdude command:

avrdude -p atmega32u4 -c avr109 -P COM12 -D -U flash:w:<C:\gimx\atmega32u4.hex>:i

Thank you very much Matlo and Godlike for a really powerful product and suggestions..
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Since update firmware was intergrated in gimx, you dont need arduino builder anymore.
You can find this function in Help / update firmware, simple and easy.
PS4 enthusiast.
Dadima

Post by Dadima »

kaiba_seto2004 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:47 am Since update firmware was intergrated in gimx, you dont need arduino builder anymore.
You can find this funtion in Help / update firmware, simple and easy.
I see.. Thanks for the prompt confirmation.. I thought it was meant for the designated gimx adapter only. And also scare will brick my pro micro. I am looking forward to make my 2nd adapter, because this little thingy interest me a lot.. :))