using GIMX and RPi to make ps4 think T.16000M FCS is thrustmaster T4

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
Legion

Re: using GIMX and RPi to make ps4 think T.16000M FCS is thrustmaster T4

Post by Legion »

:(
Well fack

I know alot of elite dangerous, War thunder, AC7 users whod probably purchase if you decide to change your mind
frr35h

Post by frr35h »

Hey everyone,
I've had my GIMX for a few years now but retired it when I got my Drivehub as I mainly used it for my G27. Drivehub made it redundant for my usage.
Until now, I recently pulled my old T-Flight HOTAS X out to play some Elite Dangerous on PC and bought Star Wars Squadron on PS4. Managed to successfully get the HOTAS to work by emulating a DS4 with impressive results. Even the twist of the flight stick works perfectly.
I know it's not a perfect 1:1 emulation of a HOTAS 4 but I think it's definitely more enjoyable than using a DS4.
I can share my config file if that's allowed to help anyone?

P.s this is my first post but thought I'd jump on because I feel this is too handy not to share.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Sure mate. Just make a new thread in configuration section.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
elevendog

Post by elevendog »

I know I'm late to the party, but this project took me 3 years to gather the necessary gear/time.

I am doing something similar with Elite Dangerous and the Xbox One. I am creating the config for the T.16000m with the TWS Throttle and mapping it to the XONE firmware profile.

HOTAS X, ONE, 4 are all just the same 15 buttons laid out on a HOTAS, with a trash YAW potentiometer. I have gone down all the paths to fix it, no dice. So, I decided to fix it my way, which is why it took 3 years. I'm documenting everything, so when I have the final goods (Spreadsheets with mappings and such) I'll put them up.

Important things to me so far:

Elite Dangerous will not accept Keyboard input, so everything has to be mapped to a XONE controller event:

[button id="abs_axis_$number$" label="$button$"]

It will accept mappings with up to 4 simultaneous [events]

The core 15 will be mapped to common functions, the rest will be handled via macro:

MACRO JBUTTON 11
KEYDOWN UP
KEYDOWN Y
KEYUP UP
KEYUP Y
#Mode Swap
#I see many many macros in my future.

Once the config is tested as working, I will bundle it up to a RPI, depending on Voice Attack compatibility.

The end goal is to have the ability to use one control layout (with voice commands) on both Xbox and PC, as I am unable to use the regular Xbox controller due to physical limitations, and my wingman doesn't have a PC.