gimx 8,0

Moderator: OsmanCitci

ip_atlayan_dana

Re: gimx 8,0

Post by ip_atlayan_dana »

Hello.
I went back to v7.15 as software. I also made the adapter software v7.15. There is no problem right now. everything works as it should.

Why did gimx 8.0 create such a problem? Will I have such problems in later versions and cannot use gimx? Or will it work even if it is problematic like my adapter? do you have an idea ?
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Your adapter is fine. Its difficult to determine what can be causing the issue wen using GIMX 8 on your setup, if you have time upgrade to 8 and then set messages option to log and run it then when you exit it will give a full log you can paste this on pastebin and link it here. From the log file we will see your windows 10 build version and other information.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
ip_atlayan_dana

understood. but I don't know where the log option is. Therefore, I could not give you full log. sorry.
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Just under the config selection is an option labeled Messages just click on the drop down menu and choose log file
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
ip_atlayan_dana

I did as you said and the bottom ones came out. and still fails in gimx v8

https://pastebin.com/ivf1C86y
Last edited by LoneWolf81 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added paste bin link
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Is there any change if you use other USB ports, you are not using any USB hubs its just strange that you get the failed to read packet header from the GIMX adapter as this usually indicates a bad connection between the avr and uart board but in 7.15 it works. Otherwise you will have to stick with 7.15 for the moment.
ip_atlayan_dana

I'm using a tp-link usb 3.0 (7 port) hub. this hub is connected to the pc as usb 3.0. I didn't change the usb ports when switching between gimx versions. I don't think there will be any change if I change it. It looks like I will continue to use it this way. because when using the gimx 8 dualshock stays on and vibrates. When this happens, it makes noise on the table :)

Thank you for helping and caring.
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

You can also disable dualshock 4 vibration function in system setting :D
PS4 enthusiast.
ip_atlayan_dana

:lol: :lol: it is another solution.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Rumble support for the Dualshock 4 controller on Windows was added in GIMX 8. This is a new feature. If you don't want the controller to vibrate, just disable it either in the controller settings on the PS4, or using gimx-config (Overall > Force Feedback Tweaks, auto detect the DS4 and set rumble to 0).
GIMX creator