Will GIMX work on PS5?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
Killamunch

Re: Will GIMX work on PS5?

Post by Killamunch »

I'm UK based. Tbh I've actually come across someone selling one used. Hopefully I manage to get my hands in it.

If not I really CBA doing DIY ATM. I've wasted so much time tinkering with my rig and less time racing. I swore after my switch from Fanatec dd2 to simucube, I refuse to spend more time upgrading/customising the rig Vs actually racing.

Where else can I get myself a GIMX from? Sent multiple emails to the team requesting a ETA as to when I can expect restock but not heard back for a while now.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353880767579?_ ... %7Ciid%3A1

Saw this seller a while ago who sold gimx adapters, none for sale right now but maybe soon. Don't know if the seller solders the cables on though based on the pictures...... Expensive
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/mil-tek?_trk ... 3561.l2559

Then you have the official shop https://blog.gimx.fr/product/gimx-adapter/
Maybe send an request on ebay to the seller, and directly to matlo?
Last edited by ckaiycool on Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Or if you have the time, here is some sellers of the parts.
The price becomes alot cheaper when doing them yourself.

USB 2.0 to TTL UART CP2104
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201485853851 ... BM6t-h49Zf

Arduinio Pro Micro 5V ATmega32U4
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393617821975 ... BM-P-l49Zf
Last edited by ckaiycool on Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Killamunch

Post by Killamunch »

Thank you so much guys! Managed to get hold of a GIMX and luckily found someone selling a drivehub for £50.

Going to order a hori pad tomorrow and should be able to grab a DS4 off a friend.

I'll let you all know how I get on. I have been in contact with someone who has confirmed both PS4 titles and PS5 (I believe dirt rally) fully working with his SC2, heusinkveld setup without any issues whatsoever.

Hopefully in the future we get a less complex work around but for those who are eager GT7 on ps5 with your top end equipment is very much a thing now. Big thanks to all the guys who have actually been responding to me and help confirm my questions.
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

confirmed it works on Drivehub + Gimx + Hori Mini wired controller + SC2 PRO / HE pedals

why we need Drivehub because the GIMX cannot start unless we use a dualshock 4 --- which Drivehub can use a Hori Mini controller for pass the security check

GT sports / F1 2021 ( PS5 ) / Dirt 5 ( PS5 ) is working fine

just GT sports have some weird shake on straight road which I cannot found a good setup on the True Drive ( or GIMX setting)

but I think it is totally playable and normal for FFB effect ( I think 98% perfect already )

If GT7 PS5 also support G29, I don't see a reason why it does not work
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

but the FFB is having some issues in GT sport - when your wheel is center and it keeps shaking ( I think there are 2 threads talking about the same issues but no solution yet)
Which F1 2021 does not have any problem - works perfectly
Killamunch

Post by Killamunch »

A few guys have minimised this issue with specific settings. Just waiting in my GIMX to arrive and will provide any potential solutions. From what I can see the shaking can be reduced.
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

I think the shaking issues might be GT Sport specify, which I don't have any problem when I play F1 2021 or Dirt 5 / AC seems don't have the same problem too.

What I am concern now is the GT7 will have the same problem
but actually PS5 is not very important to me , as it didn't support ultrawide screen and I think the game have too few cars and tracks, which cannot compare with my PC's sim ( iracing / ACC / AC etc. )
fpneves

Post by fpneves »

Hi there,

First of all, i want to thanks to the GIMX developers for their fantastic work. They allowed me to continue using the G25 on PS4.

Now, regarding PS5, i would like some clarification of the following:

1) Why people are using Drivehub + GIMX + Hori combo ? as far i understand, there no need for GIMX.

2) I understand Sony is blocking third party ps4 controllers, but some games are still going well with Drivehub + Hori.
So, why GIMX developpers don't implement GIMX + Hori support now, while we wait for the "ultimate" solution.
If drivehub + hori is possible, it should be possible GIMX + hori, I think.

Again, thank you.
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

1. because we are using OSW or Simucube 2 , Which Drivehub does not support
2. Yes I think GIMX + Hori is working but currently GIMX support DS4 only to pass the secure code.( it wont recognize other controller )

when we use GIMX to PS5, it will disconnect after 8 mins , when we connect the GIMX to the Drivehub, it can use the Hori to send the Secure code to PS5 to eliminate the disconnect issues

But the FFB still have some issues which is not perfect and seems the GIMX's developer is so busy and I think the issues was pending for 2 years already

I wish Drivehub will work on Simucube too but it support TM / Logitech / Microsoft / Fanatec Wheels only
There is no point to buy the Fanatec Base again once you shifted to Simucube

fpneves wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:49 am Hi there,

First of all, i want to thanks to the GIMX developers for their fantastic work. They allowed me to continue using the G25 on PS4.

Now, regarding PS5, i would like some clarification of the following:

1) Why people are using Drivehub + GIMX + Hori combo ? as far i understand, there no need for GIMX.

2) I understand Sony is blocking third party ps4 controllers, but some games are still going well with Drivehub + Hori.
So, why GIMX developpers don't implement GIMX + Hori support now, while we wait for the "ultimate" solution.
If drivehub + hori is possible, it should be possible GIMX + hori, I think.

Again, thank you.