Will GIMX work on PS5?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
Steve_C78

Re: Will GIMX work on PS5?

Post by Steve_C78 »

Some time ago I remember that WRC 7 for PS4 had a similar problem that I reported on this forum.
In practice after a few minutes the steering wheel lost the connection. The solution was that a second ds4 had to be connected to the PS4 in addition to the one connected to the PC for identification. Could this be a line to follow on PS5 too?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

PS5 games do not work with Dualshock 4 connected.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Steve_C78

Post by Steve_C78 »

But did the Cronusmax company manage to make an adapter for PS5? I didn't quite understand from their site. If so, there would be some hope.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

They were using third party controllers for PS4 on PS5. Sony just blocked it in newer games.
TrackNutz

Post by TrackNutz »

With GT7 arriving in 3 months time I'd donate a kidney if it meant we could use our wheels with the PS5.

Let me know the address where I can send the donation 8-)
Andy Thompson - PC/PS4/PS5 - SimXperience Accuforce Direct Drive Wheel - Emulated as G29.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Many thanks. You can send a donation here - https://blog.gimx.fr/give/gimx-donations-current/

Please remember that I can't guarantee when we will finish PS5 support. As you can see there are new obstacles on the way which even paid products companies (XIM, Cronus) can't bypass for now.
isamu

Post by isamu »

GoDlike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:58 pm Many thanks. You can send a donation here - https://blog.gimx.fr/give/gimx-donations-current/

Please remember that I can't guarantee when we will finish PS5 support. As you can see there are new obstacles on the way which even paid products companies (XIM, Cronus) can't bypass for now.
Hi. Can you expand a little more on what you mean by new obstacles? What is Sony planning to do? Are they threatening to block support for third party PS5 controllers or something?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

They already blocked third party PS4 controllers support in some newer FPS games like Call of Duty or Battlefield 2042. We all (XIM,Cronus, GIMX) used them to make adapter work with PS5.
isamu

Post by isamu »

Wow....if they do that for GT7 we're screwed.... :(

But wait a minute.....they won't do that for GT7 because Fanatec's new OFFICIALLY LICENSED DD GT wheel is technically a third party controller. Maybe we can use that wheel as the new "Guinea pig" controller for GIMX...?

Message @Everyone in this thread who wants wheel compatibility for PS5.....

I am willing to donate funds towards getting Matlo the new Fanatec DD GT wheel to work on as a Guinea Pig for FFB wheel emulation for our PC wheels to work on PS5. Who's with me!!!???
Steve_C78

Post by Steve_C78 »

GoDlike wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:55 am They were using third party controllers for PS4 on PS5. Sony just blocked it in newer games.
So hori controller no longer works? Or does it only work for PS4 games on PS5? I currently with the DS4 can't get PS4 games to work on PS5 either.
Guys, on the other hand, is there any news on a new version of gimx or at the moment the compatibility problems remain unresolved?