Is Android Bluetooth support possible now?

Talk about anything concerning the source code.
rokujou

Is Android Bluetooth support possible now?

Post by rokujou »

I've seen a couple of posts about Android support in the past but none of them mention the Bluetooth HID Profile API that is supported in recent Android versions. One app exists for the Switch to emulate a Joy Con or Pro Controller (JoyCon Droid), so perhaps it is also possible for an app to emulate a DualShock 4?

I've tried some of the sample apps that use the Bluetooth HID Profile API to emulate a bluetooth keyboard, but I can't seem to connect the phone to my PS4 (PS4 rejects the device after connection). What hurdles does GIMX jump through to connect via Bluetooth?
LoneWolf81

Re: Is Android Bluetooth support possible now?

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Currently there is no android version of GIMX and as far as I am aware there wont be any development done to support android.

In short to emulate a Dualshock 4 you will need to have successful authentication as required by the console. The console uses symmetric-key algorithms so without knowing the private key you cant just send a correct response to the console.

GIMX requires a Dualshock 4 to allow for the authentication and that is how it manages to connect via either Bluetooth on Linux based systems or with the usb adapter on Windows/Linux systems.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
rokujou

Post by rokujou »

I'm aware of all that, having done a little bit of research beforehand. However, we can connect a Dual Shock 4 to Android, correct? Can we not use a DualShock 4 in the same way on an Android device? What if the device were rooted?

I'm only asking because I would personally find an Android version much more convenient than a PC version. I understand there's no current effort to port to Android, I'm only really trying to ascertain the possibility and the difficulty involved.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX requires low-level access to the bluetooth stack. This is unlikely to be possible on a non-rooted Android device. On a rooted Android device the possibility to emulate a Dualshock 4 depends on the bluetooth stack available on the device.
GIMX creator