Raspberry Pi Pico, $4 microcontroller board from Raspberry Pi

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
noobleer_waste

Raspberry Pi Pico, $4 microcontroller board from Raspberry Pi

Post by noobleer_waste »

I'm very excited for this!

[

I know because its totally new, any answer to my question may be hypothetical or unsure,
but could it work in place of the Teensy for GIMX? (specs at link below)

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbe ... w-on-sale/
LoneWolf81

Re: Raspberry Pi Pico, $4 microcontroller board from Raspberry Pi

Post by LoneWolf81 »

They are neat little boards I picked up a few, as for your question at the moment they wont work as the firmware will have to be rewritten as the are quite different from reading I have done.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
Useus

Post by Useus »

it would be a great thing, rpi pico theoretically could emulate without additional hardware and above all without a pc! like the adapters on the market. Fewer components, low price, fewer cables and less headaches! :D

recently a github user was able to implement the basic of what is needed for the usb connection
https://github.com/sekigon-gonnoc/Pico-PIO-USB

I also report the link of a user on the forum who implemented the project without a pc with arduino and usb shield.
viewtopic.php?t=3036
Useus

Post by Useus »

LoneWolf81 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:39 am They are neat little boards I picked up a few, as for your question at the moment they wont work as the firmware will have to be rewritten as the are quite different from reading I have done.
is there a possibility that you will release it for rpi pico? not everyone has a pc that they can use for gimx