Hello from Sweden (long post below)

Introduce yourself to the forum before attempting to post elsewhere
ckaiycool

Hello from Sweden (long post below)

Post by ckaiycool »

Hi everyone, i just wanted to introduce me.
Name is Kai and i'm a Swede.
As you might have seen there is a heck alot of configs that i have invested time in on the old but still active PS3.
The time and effort has been fun and i hope everyone out there that still plays on XBOX OG and PS3 will enjoy the games more with mouse and keyboard. (as they are intended)

A little memorylane from my part that i thought i would like to share.

My first experience with a mouse/ keyboard adaptor for console games was the Smartjoy Frag for the old Xbox Original.
After purchasing this adaptor the games that was really hard became easily to play atleast for me.
Aiming on Xbox was not convenient on the controller since most of the games had analog right stick as the ads button.
This adaptor was not perfect but it worked.
After getting the Smartjoy Frag i played my first multiplayer match ever on Ghost Recon 2, the match was setup with everyone using mouse and keyboard to be more even :D

When getting playstation 3, i was introduced to Battlefield Bad Company 2 by my friend.
I absolutelly loved that game even though i had extremely hard to get a grips with the controller. Small controller for bigger hands are not that ergonomic for the hands.
After looking for mouse keyboard options i came across Xim1.
People sold it for around 150 euros at the time, now that price made me really mad because my economy did not allow me to buy it during that time and Xim1 was the absolut best option.

I began looking for other cheaper options and found Max shooter for PS3.
I would have bought this if it was available easily in my country, but during that time the shipping cost and tax from other countries would become almost as expensive as the Xim 1.

Frag FX was the next thing and luckily i didn't buy that :D Very bad reviews.

I found this instead out of nowhere :o
Fragnstein from Bannco (now Tuact) was absolutely perfect in price and for what you got.
60 euros for a Wireless mouse and a controller!
This controller i really enjoyed, it was easy to setup for buttonsmapping and sensitivity settings and all.
I enjoyed this Mouse/gamepad option really much, It worked perfectly on Battlefield bad company 2 with the right firmware and dead zone setting.

After the realease of Battlefield 3 this controller didn't work without much interference and rough mouse movements so i gave up and forced myself to get competive with the controller, and after months of training and grinding i became above average on it.
I joined a clan and it all went well (probably the most team oriented sport i ever invested time in for years. :lol: )

I still had a dream to one day buy a Xim 1 since i enjoy mouse keyboard alot more then controller just for the accuracy and to use the console more as an PC.
Out of random i found Gimx after searching alternatives for mouse keyboard options.
I tried it over bluetooth with linux and i was blown away :o there is no cheaper option ever than this and it actually works!!! under 10 euros for a working bluetooth usb stick and a computer.
The first realeases where quite rough but man this made it feel more authentic than ever before. dont recall which version i tested first.

I did try creating couple of configs with the gimx 2.-- release but man i could not get a grips of how to configure at all.
what did 1:1 mean and what does what in calibration tool etc.

And now here we are.

A huge thanks for Matlo and the rest of the team for the dedication and hard work to creating this community for both FPS gamers, Racing Wheel enthusiasts and of corse everyone that has a disability and are able to game now, with button configs that are customizable for controllers and keyboards.

Anyway, how did you guys find out about gimx? Did you try anything else before going for gimx?
Have a great one everyone.
GoDlike

Re: Hello from Sweden (long post below)

Post by GoDlike »

Hey mate. It's great to know you better :)

As for me my notebook GPUs failed and I wanted to buy a console but I was afraid of using pad in FPS games. I started to look for a solution and found GIMX :D .
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike