How to get the rumble state of a gamepad

Talk about anything concerning the source code.
Soot

How to get the rumble state of a gamepad

Post by Soot »

I've looked through the source enough that it seems it should be possible to determine whether the gamepad is rumbling or not from the output that is forwarded to the controller. Is there a way to do this?
I should say, I don't actually have an adapter yet. The parts to make a DIY adapter should be here soon and I am just trying to prepare to save myself time when it does get here. Ideally I would like to make a macro that sends a button press if the gamepad rumbles for a certain amount of time. Is there already a way to determine whether a signal for the controller to rumble is forwarded in the output or is that something I would have to do myself?
Also, if there are no headphones in the controller's audio jack then will the output only be for rumbles? Forgive me, I don't have a very good understanding of what is going on with the output that goes to the gamepad. It just seems like there would be a way to detect rumbles there. Is there? And if not could someone point me in the right direction to add this?