OSW Mmos to PS5

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
dvim

Re: OSW Mmos to PS5

Post by dvim »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:49 pm I might actually stick with this for a while for some longer testing as it feels ok on my setup using the same Alpha Manager settings I have for AC/AMS2. The only bit I am not 100% happy with is that the FFB goes a little light just as you start moving the car, but it quickly gains some weight.
Its good that so many of the events in GT7 have moving starts. :) Great stuff, excited to try it out!
dvim

Post by dvim »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:49 pm I might actually stick with this for a while for some longer testing as it feels ok on my setup using the same Alpha Manager settings I have for AC/AMS2. The only bit I am not 100% happy with is that the FFB goes a little light just as you start moving the car, but it quickly gains some weight.
Just tried it out, and while driving at normal speeds the FFB feeling is the best from all of the other configurations or builds I have tried with GT7 so far. Awesome job!

Now when it comes to FFB during the start of the movement, for me its the opposite - it shakes quite a bit for a short time, while the car picks up a bit of speed. :)
JoseJacobUK

Post by JoseJacobUK »

Hi, just wanted to say thanks for this. Just set up a new GIMX today to play GT7 with my Fanatec CSW 2.5. Had the wheel oscillations at low speed and was a bit bummed it was all for nothing. Tried your c.4 version and setting after stumbling on them in the forum and they work great for me, at the very least I can enjoy GT7 with my Fanatec wheel instead of a controller. Cheers!!
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

JoseJacobUK wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:28 pm Hi, just wanted to say thanks for this. Just set up a new GIMX today to play GT7 with my Fanatec CSW 2.5. Had the wheel oscillations at low speed and was a bit bummed it was all for nothing. Tried your c.4 version and setting after stumbling on them in the forum and they work great for me, at the very least I can enjoy GT7 with my Fanatec wheel instead of a controller. Cheers!!
if you have CSW 2.5, just get a drivehub instead.
it will make your CSW convert to CSL elite

GMIX is not the ideal solution for fanatec wheelbase now.
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:49 pm Hey all. One more build pushed to github: https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX/rele ... 8.0-g29c.4

This one tries to simply stretch the lower values being sent to the G29 to help smooth out changes in direction. It uses different parameters to the previous approach, so you will need to update the profile xml. An example of what I have currently been using with my simagic is as follows:

Code: Select all

<g29_correction min_gain="20" range_start="1000" range_end="10000"/>
The range is actually the FFB constant force values, not the axis. What this tries to do is map the FFB values from 1,000 - 10,000 to something closer to 0 - 10,000, but still applying a minimum gain to stop it being forced to 0.

I might actually stick with this for a while for some longer testing as it feels ok on my setup using the same Alpha Manager settings I have for AC/AMS2. The only bit I am not 100% happy with is that the FFB goes a little light just as you start moving the car, but it quickly gains some weight.

Anyhow, see how you get on....

have few lap for the version 4, it totally get rid of the oscillation ( but you cannot let go of the wheel ) and I get my FFB back.
I am turn most of the TrueDrive effect off now but just set the FFB setting in GIMX config back to Runble / constant / Damper to 100 now

seems this one is so far perfect for me , will test some more and comment

Great work, thanks for help.
I hope GIMX official team can give some hints about the next version too.
Killamunch

Post by Killamunch »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:49 pm Hey all. One more build pushed to github: https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX/rele ... 8.0-g29c.4

This one tries to simply stretch the lower values being sent to the G29 to help smooth out changes in direction. It uses different parameters to the previous approach, so you will need to update the profile xml. An example of what I have currently been using with my simagic is as follows:

Code: Select all

<g29_correction min_gain="20" range_start="1000" range_end="10000"/>
The range is actually the FFB constant force values, not the axis. What this tries to do is map the FFB values from 1,000 - 10,000 to something closer to 0 - 10,000, but still applying a minimum gain to stop it being forced to 0.

I might actually stick with this for a while for some longer testing as it feels ok on my setup using the same Alpha Manager settings I have for AC/AMS2. The only bit I am not 100% happy with is that the FFB goes a little light just as you start moving the car, but it quickly gains some weight.

Anyhow, see how you get on....
Thank you so much bro. This is definitely the best I have got it feeling and I'm very happy with the results.

I have turned off most filters in my software to get the most out of the detail. This results in oscillations if I let go of the wheel but I'm cool with that because it does genuinely feel really good. I could add damper to resolve that but I'm happy as is.

Thank you very much. Definitely need to buy you a drink.
GeekyDeaks

Post by GeekyDeaks »

gamechanger wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:45 pm have few lap for the version 4, it totally get rid of the oscillation ( but you cannot let go of the wheel ) and I get my FFB back.
Killamunch wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:02 pm I have turned off most filters in my software to get the most out of the detail. This results in oscillations if I let go of the wheel but I'm cool with that because it does genuinely feel really good. I could add damper to resolve that but I'm happy as is.
I'm wondering if the SC2 is a fair bit more responsive than the simagic as I need to be quite aggressive with the wheel to start the oscillations now. The only thing I can suggest with this build is to maybe try increasing the 'range_start' closer to 1800 as that was about the minimum I have seen in the logs so far. The example values were a bit 'finger in the air' after tweaking some plots in google sheets but they seemed a good starting point.

Oh, I just thought of something else. Are both of you going through Drivehub and GIMX? If so, do you think there might be enough of a delay to cause the positive feedback loop?
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:22 pm
gamechanger wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:45 pm have few lap for the version 4, it totally get rid of the oscillation ( but you cannot let go of the wheel ) and I get my FFB back.
Killamunch wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:02 pm I have turned off most filters in my software to get the most out of the detail. This results in oscillations if I let go of the wheel but I'm cool with that because it does genuinely feel really good. I could add damper to resolve that but I'm happy as is.
I'm wondering if the SC2 is a fair bit more responsive than the simagic as I need to be quite aggressive with the wheel to start the oscillations now. The only thing I can suggest with this build is to maybe try increasing the 'range_start' closer to 1800 as that was about the minimum I have seen in the logs so far. The example values were a bit 'finger in the air' after tweaking some plots in google sheets but they seemed a good starting point.

Oh, I just thought of something else. Are both of you going through Drivehub and GIMX? If so, do you think there might be enough of a delay to cause the positive feedback loop?

For the TrueDrive there are so many parameter can adjust but actually I don't really understand all of them. some settings are just trial and error for me.

so far didn't see any delay or it is acceptable.
Last edited by gamechanger on Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeekyDeaks

Post by GeekyDeaks »

gamechanger wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:02 pm so far didn't see any delay or it is acceptable.
Ah, it was just a wild guess :D

Glad it's working better anyway. Annoyingly, we could have got here a bit quicker if I hadn't made a schoolboy error at the start. I viewed my original FFB capture with the pre-conceived notion that there was a boost around the middle, without correlating it properly to the axis. Paying closer attention to the last capture made the problem a lot clearer, but also meant that the time I spent trying to figure out how to read the axis value in the ffb tweaks was totally unnecessary - hey ho - I'll try and pay more attention next time ;)
gamechanger

Post by gamechanger »

GeekyDeaks wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:20 pm
gamechanger wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:02 pm so far didn't see any delay or it is acceptable.
Ah, it was just a wild guess :D

Glad it's working better anyway. Annoyingly, we could have got here a bit quicker if I hadn't made a schoolboy error at the start. I viewed my original FFB capture with the pre-conceived notion that there was a boost around the middle, without correlating it properly to the axis. Paying closer attention to the last capture made the problem a lot clearer, but also meant that the time I spent trying to figure out how to read the axis value in the ffb tweaks was totally unnecessary - hey ho - I'll try and pay more attention next time ;)
you just spend few days to resecure many ppl which using non Fanatec for GT7 , I think your are legend already !!!

so far the version 4 feels good to me, ( as I don't have a native G29 / T300 / Fanatec DD to compara ) - it gives me most of the effect now.
hope you can figure out the Hori Pad too :)