OSW Mmos to PS5

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
gamechanger

Re: OSW Mmos to PS5

Post by gamechanger »

Foton wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:23 pm
GeekyDeaks wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:54 am
Foton wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:36 am Hi all. I have a SimCub 2 Pro and did everything according to the instructions. Thanks a lot to GeekyDeaks for the improvements.
Everything really works well, but I feel a big feedback dip in the middle, especially when going through various high-speed turns, such as red water at Spa or a series of chicanes in daytona, the first sector in Suzuka.
Has anyone been able to solve this problem or somehow compensate for the settings?
I tried to change both the configuration settings in GIMIX and in Simcube. Couldn't find anything good :(
Can I just confirm you are using the build that ends in '.4'? The earlier builds mistakenly try to correct the FFB around the zero point of the axis, whereas .4 smooths out the FFB values instead irrespective of the angle of the wheel. I should probably remove the earlier versions from github!

https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX/rele ... 8.0-g29c.4
That's right, I'm using version .4
I have been following your developments from the very beginning. Once I got all the necessary devices, I tried the latest version.
https://i.gyazo.com/37b4268c401f6ca243f ... a25151.png

I deleted all previous profiles and downloaded Logitech G27_G29 on first launch of v.4. After that I added the line
<g29_correction min_gain="20" range_start="1000" range_end="10000"/>

And then I tested various settings for my SimCube. I still don't understand how to remove the void in the middle :(
I want to try on PS4 without DriveHib and compare the feedback.
you have to apply the notch filter setting below, I tried to disable and the oscillation just come back again

Center freq hz. 2.0
attenuation dB 17.5
Q Factor 1
piruloo

Post by piruloo »

Hello guys, can someone help me, I connect gimx through drivehub in the steering wheel port but I can't get it to work, what am I doing wrong? The firmware of drivehub beta 9 any idea thanks
Foton

Post by Foton »

gamechanger wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:41 am
Foton wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:23 pm
GeekyDeaks wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:54 am

Can I just confirm you are using the build that ends in '.4'? The earlier builds mistakenly try to correct the FFB around the zero point of the axis, whereas .4 smooths out the FFB values instead irrespective of the angle of the wheel. I should probably remove the earlier versions from github!

https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX/rele ... 8.0-g29c.4
That's right, I'm using version .4
I have been following your developments from the very beginning. Once I got all the necessary devices, I tried the latest version.
https://i.gyazo.com/37b4268c401f6ca243f ... a25151.png

I deleted all previous profiles and downloaded Logitech G27_G29 on first launch of v.4. After that I added the line
<g29_correction min_gain="20" range_start="1000" range_end="10000"/>

And then I tested various settings for my SimCube. I still don't understand how to remove the void in the middle :(
I want to try on PS4 without DriveHib and compare the feedback.
you have to apply the notch filter setting below, I tried to disable and the oscillation just come back again

Center freq hz. 2.0
attenuation dB 17.5
Q Factor 1
I use exactly these settings.
At what step could I make a mistake? :(
I'm using the latest version of GIMX v.4. Setting up a SimCube in True Drive - GIMIX with oscillation fix.
In profile file - correction min_gain="20" range_start="1000" range_end="10000"
SajoR

Post by SajoR »

Hello I went through this entire post and I couldn’t find how wheel disconnection was overcome (I am totally newbie on this, I just built my own gimx using the guide and applied the default firmware)
I own an old Logitech racing wheel and I want to use it on GT7 PS5
I really appreciate if you can guide me about what should I change or buy to make this work.
Regards.
Foton

Post by Foton »

We use drivehub and hori mini. Together with GIMX.
The pages of this thread said this.
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

Foton wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:10 pm We use drivehub and hori mini. Together with GIMX.
Just curious, do you have to use Drivehub? I ask because I have my PC and PS5 right next to each other and I would rather keep everything hooked up to PC. I have the GIMX software on my PC and I connect the DS4 to the PC, GIMX box has one end in PC, other end goes to PS5. I ordered the Hori Mini Gamepad so I can hopefully avoid the 8 minute disconnect issue.
as03051026

Post by as03051026 »

Zero7159 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:20 pm
Foton wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:10 pm We use drivehub and hori mini. Together with GIMX.
Just curious, do you have to use Drivehub? I ask because I have my PC and PS5 right next to each other and I would rather keep everything hooked up to PC. I have the GIMX software on my PC and I connect the DS4 to the PC, GIMX box has one end in PC, other end goes to PS5. I ordered the Hori Mini Gamepad so I can hopefully avoid the 8 minute disconnect issue.
As I know, you still hooked up everything to PC, then attach the GIMX to the drivehub then your PS5.
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

as03051026 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:40 pm
Zero7159 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:20 pm
As I know, you still hooked up everything to PC, then attach the GIMX to the drivehub then your PS5.
Understood, thank you! I have ordered a Drivehub and Hori mini controller, both of which arrive later this week. So glad I can use my Accuforce, HE pedals, etc. with GT7, without disconnects every 8 minutes.
ssneck

Post by ssneck »

Hello everyone!

GeekyDeaks, thank you for great job!

I just want to ask about input lag (or wheel latency).

I'm playing GT7 with "Simucube 2 Pro + DS4 + GMIX" -> "DriveHub + Hori" -> "PS5". I found this connection has big input lag (wheel movement have big latency), driving is not comfortable and you cannot be very fast as you wish. You need to move steering wheel earlier than you see on monitor and it is problem for fast driving. I think it happening because of two converters connected together: GMIX and DriveHub.

When I'm tried to connect GMIX directly to PS (without DriveHub), input lag is gone for me and I do not see (or feel) any wheel movement latency, fast corners are pretty comfortable to drive, also FBB is instant and feels really better! But the wheel is disconnected after 8 min. As I understood we are using "Drivehub + Hori gamepad" only for authentification to avoid this wheel disconnection.

I have questions:

1. Is any way to not use DriveHub and connect Hori gamepad directly to PC and use it somehow with GMIX to avoid disconnection issue? What DriveHub actually do with these two inputs?: Hori gamepad and GMIX adapter. Is it possible to send authetification to PS5 directly from PC using Hori gamepad?

2. If first question cannot be solved now, is any way to minimize delay (input lag) for steering wheel? Maybe some settings? Or maybe some different USB-TTL adapters or GMIX firmwares? Or something else? Regarding to my GMIX window it using 2000000 bps baudrate.

3. Who feel same issue with input lag? You can set in-car view and try to move your wheel quickly, if you see on-screen wheel is late then your actual movement, then you also have a delay. If you will connect DMIX directly to PS5, you will notice this latency is gone.

For me this is the last issue with input lag which stop me to play GT7 comfortable with my Simucube 2. Maybe we can do something with it?

Any help will be highly appriciated!
pymous

Post by pymous »

Hi everybody, why gimx works with hori and drivehub ?
I have tried to use gimx with a Gator Claw (a wired controller), I have modified two files :
- GIMX/shared/gimxcontroller/include/ds4.h
- GIMX/core/haptic/sink/haptic_sink_ds4.c
On each files I have change on this line the vendor id and product id of DS4 with vendor id and product id of gator claw (a simple lsusb with linux) :
#define DS4_VENDOR 0x054c
#define DS4_PRODUCT 0x05c4

After compilation with no error, I can use gimx with the Gator Claw, but after 8 minutes it's deconnected.
Somebody can testing with a Hori mini ?