Xbox One Controller firmware support

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
StRaToX

Xbox One Controller firmware support

Post by StRaToX »

I would like to use my keyboard and mouse on the series x console.
Looking at the topic
https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20943#p20943
I need an xbox one controller, but it has to be a specific model and also have a specific firmware version.
In the above thread it says that a 1537 model xbox one controller with a firmware version 2.3.2381.0 is supported, and looking at this thread
https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3983
keitark said
that he bought a 1537 model with a really old firmware that didn't work with GIMX, so he updated it and got a firmware version 2.3.2381.0. which does work with GIMX.

What I would like to know is,
is it possible to get a second hand 1537 model that has a firmware version higher than 2.3.2381.0. which will potentially not work with GIMX?

Or if i end up with an old firmware controller, is it possible that updating it now could possible deliver me a higher firmware version than the supported one, or does the firmware max out at the 2.3.2381.0. version since it is an old 1537 model controller ?

The same question goes for the 1697 model one since i did see a few of those around a couple of local sites.

I'm asking this because i want to use mouse and keyboard on series X and found this second hand controller

https://imgur.com/a/yuTwyys

It has the different plastic around the Xbox button indicating that it has no bluetooth and also the second image says it's a 1537 model, but the only thing worrying me is the firmware.

Any insight is appreciated,
Thanks
GoDlike

Re: Xbox One Controller firmware support

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,
is it possible to get a second hand 1537 model that has a firmware version higher than 2.3.2381.0. which will potentially not work with GIMX?
If Microsoft releases some new firmware then it's possible but I doubt they will implement protocol breaking changes to the old controllers. Please keep in mind that some users reported possibility of downgrading firmware using Xbox accessories app on console.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
StRaToX

Post by StRaToX »

Just got the controller, hooked everything up and did some mouse calibration tests. Everything works flawlessly !!!
AtrioX

Post by AtrioX »

Hey there!

I just got the same 1537 One controller second hand, looking to make Gimx work on my Series X as well. How did t went for you so far? Still working nicely?

Also, did you just sync the controller with the Series X and that was it? I'm not sure if the controller I bought has super old firmware (will only know in a few days, when it arrives), hoping to work fine as well.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

viewtopic.php?t=3983

You should read this thread.
linnellaa

Post by linnellaa »

Reinstalling the controller drivers on Windows hasn't been attempted yet because I'm not convinced it makes sense and I'm worried about doing irreparable harm.
moto x3m