Iterating on MACROs

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
StRaToX

Iterating on MACROs

Post by StRaToX »

I'm currently experimenting writing some macros. I'm using my gimx adapter to emulate an xbox one controller with my keyboard and mouse, and found myself having to make changes to the macro often, whilst testing it out.
This process involves me having to press shift+escape in order unhook the keyboard and mouse (uncapture it) from the gimx program in order to use them on my pc, make some changes to the macro and then relaunch gimx again which recaptures my mouse and keyboard, press the controller home button and test out the macro, decide that i need to change scertain things some more and then repeat the whole process again.

Is there an elegant way to instead of having to press shift+escape in order to unhook my keyboard and mouse, to just pause the keyboard and mouse capture with some other shortcut, make the change to the macro and then go back to controlling the xbox. Essentially is there a way to ping pong between using my keyboard and mouse on my pc and on the xbox through gimx without having to exit gimx everytime and then relaunch it again?

Thank you
Cybereu

Re: Iterating on MACROs

Post by Cybereu »

Alt Right + Alt Left Detaches the keyboard and mouse on Linux, IDK on Windows, but several keys produce different results than expected.
StRaToX

Post by StRaToX »

Alright that kinda works. Pressing both alt keys does release the keyboard and mouse, although the input still transfer to the game, i got around this by switching to a blank profile in order to negate the inputs whilst i use my pc. The unfortunate thing is that editing a macro and then going back to gimx with another press of the alt keys doesn't reload the macro. Is there another shortcut to reload macros perhaps, since i still need to relaunch the whole thing for the macros to get the changes?
StRaToX

Post by StRaToX »

Also one more thing I'm noticing is that even though I can uncapture the keyboard and mouse using both the alt keys shortcut, gimx still has the macros active, meaning that as I use my pc the macros are firing off in background some of which are switching profiles in the background and toggling macros on and of (that's my current macro setup), so by the time i switch back to controlling the console all my macros are malfunctioning. Is there no way to stop the macros? The uncapture shortcut (both alt keys) really should also stop sending signals to the console as well as stop interpreting the macros.
juankax

Post by juankax »

Hello, I have the same problem in linux. any suggestion?
Thanks