PS4 PRO / G920 GT Sport spontaneous steering wheel turn by 10 degrees to the left and to the right

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
DDV

PS4 PRO / G920 GT Sport spontaneous steering wheel turn by 10 degrees to the left and to the right

Post by DDV »

Hello dear GIMX Community.
First of all, thank you a lot for your amazing job!

Let me please ask you my question. I have assembled a GIMX adapter based on Teensy atmega32u4 to allow my G920 wheel working with PS4 PRO and GT Sport :D .

Here is my setup:
  • PC Windows 10
  • Self assembled GIMIX adapter based on Teensy atmega32u4
  • GIMX 8.0
  • G920_G29firmware
  • G-HUB 2022.5.263319
All working fine, buttons, wheel, FFB. But, in GT Sport I have a spontaneous steering wheel turn by 10 degrees to the left and to the right.

I have tried with différents version of G-HUB and LGS....

Just for information, only with LGS 9.0.4 (without G-HUB) I don't have this behavior, but FFB doesn't work.
Could you tell me please, in which direction I need to look to solve my problem ?

Logfile: https://pastebin.com/PTL5xM53
Video: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ceq-dk6Hn7w

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Denis
pelicano

Re: PS4 PRO / G920 GT Sport spontaneous steering wheel turn by 10 degrees to the left and to the right

Post by pelicano »

Hey DDV,

I have the same problem and also did not found a way to fix it completely.

What I achieved was a more subtle wheel giggle whit these settings:

To find this menu: open gimx-config, open your configuration, go to Overall, Force Feedback Tweaks.

What worked for me, maintaining a good balance between wheel force and less giggles was the values that you can see on my screenshot. Mess around with each to find what is more comfortable for you.

Bear in mind, I think this isn't the right fix, but it kinda works for me. Maybe GIMX devs can help, too.
DDV

Re: PS4 PRO / G920 GT Sport spontaneous steering wheel turn by 10 degrees to the left and to the right

Post by DDV »

Hello pelicano,

Thanks a lot for your return :) I have tried to modify the profile, but I have a little problem.

I can't save the modified profile.

First of all, I see that gimx-config can't detect the wheel ..

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/9wHPTLj

The application freezes when I click to Auto detect. Is it normal ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Denis
pelicano

Post by pelicano »

You press "Auto detect" then press a button on your wheel, it should identify it.
DDV

Post by DDV »

Re pelicano,

tanks a lot for your help. It is much better now with your config ;)

Have a nice day
pelicano

Post by pelicano »

Glad I could help mate! Have a nice day you too.