Where can I buy the GIMX Adapter?

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
alflyon

Where can I buy the GIMX Adapter?

Post by alflyon »

hello I want to by the apdapter becuase I will buy a VRS Wheel base to play on PC and I want to use it for Gran Turismo 7. I also going to get new pedals and I see the product is sold out.
ckaiycool

Re: Where can I buy the GIMX Adapter?

Post by ckaiycool »

Hi there.
If you can't find a seller on ebay, then there is only one option and that is to build one yourself.
alflyon

Post by alflyon »

I was checking the topic of making one, but it has a lot of different information. Do you know a way to build one?
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Read this thread. Order the parts closer to your country and shipping will be faster.
https://forum.gimx.fr/viewtopic.php?t=4033
SteamController

Post by SteamController »

Hi there, for the time being, if you're in the USA, I'm selling them on eBay. I don't know how long I'll continue to build and sell them, but maybe for a few months. Just search "GIMX" on eBay. or message me direct and I can sell them direct for a $5.00 discount off the eBay price.

I make them in a custom 3D printed case with a USB-C port.

Last edited by SteamController on Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-- -- --
:mrgreen: Michael from USA here. I'm selling GIMX USB adapters on eBay and Etsy!
Compact design supporting modern USB-C cables. :P
BeardedRetroGuy

Post by BeardedRetroGuy »

I built my own because I'm a bit handy with a soldering iron and I'm not too afraid of burning my fingers, but yeah. It wasn't hard.

The hard part is building the configs around it when you can't just download one - because I don't think anyone else here has tried to do what I'm trying to do with it - that is, to use a Logitech G29 on an actual PlayStation 2 unit for Gran Turismo 3 and 4 by emulating both the GT Force wheel and the Driving Force Pro wheels.

I have the GT Force controls and buttons down correctly for the game, but I don't know how to get Force Feedback working. Without it, what's the point of using a wheel?
Racdude

Post by Racdude »

SteamController wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:58 pm Hi there, for the time being, if you're in the USA, I'm selling them on eBay. I don't know how long I'll continue to build and sell them, but maybe for a few months. Just search "GIMX" on eBay. or message me direct and I can sell them direct for a $5.00 discount off the eBay price.

I can make them in two styles: minimal which is in a transparent shrink tubing, or a custom 3D printed case with a USB cable permanently attached.

Hello SteamController are you still making these? I’m looking to purchase one in the future.
SteamController

Racdude wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:55 am
SteamController wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:58 pm Hi there, for the time being, if you're in the USA, I'm selling them on eBay. I don't know how long I'll continue to build and sell them, but maybe for a few months. Just search "GIMX" on eBay. or message me direct and I can sell them direct for a $5.00 discount off the eBay price.

I can make them in two styles: minimal which is in a transparent shrink tubing, or a custom 3D printed case with a USB cable permanently attached.

Hello SteamController are you still making these? I’m looking to purchase one in the future.
Yes I am still selling them. On eBay and Etsy! On both of those platforms, they ship internationally as well (I am in USA). Sorry for late response, I am not getting email notifications from this forum.
-- -- --
:mrgreen: Michael from USA here. I'm selling GIMX USB adapters on eBay and Etsy!
SteamController

Updating this thread with the most recent version I made of the GIMX adapter, contained in a secure 3D printed case:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw="GIMX"
-or-
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=GIMX
-- -- --
isamu

Post by isamu »

That looks awesome dude! If I didn't already own a couple adapters already, I would buy one in a heartbeat. I almost want the ones I have to break so I have an excuse to buy yours lmao.