DIY Adapter not working on series s

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Mishimaboo

DIY Adapter not working on series s

Post by Mishimaboo »

Hi, i'm trying to use a DIY adapter i made using an ATmega32U4 and an FT232RL, the controller i have plugged in to the PC is an original xbox one controller that has a headphone jack and the latest firmware on a series s, the setup i followed is the same as the one on this guy's video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INyVeTfYEPU

I was able to update the firmware with EMUXONE and everything seems to be working when i click start except that nothing happens on the xbox, i tried a config i made myself and some default ones but its always the same result, i tried with all input methods too, the xbox just doesn't register the inputs as if nothing is happening, here's a screenshot of how it looks, any help would be appreciated
GoDlike

Re: DIY Adapter not working on series s

Post by GoDlike »

Make sure you pressed guide button on the controller itself first not on the device in gimx-Config. For xbox authentication to work you need to press guide button on Xbox controller first.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Mishimaboo

Post by Mishimaboo »

GoDlike wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:02 pm Make sure you pressed guide button on the controller itself first not on the device in gimx-Config. For xbox authentication to work you need to press guide button on Xbox controller first.
I'm not sure if i'm doing it wrong but i have the controller plugged in, the xbox guide button led is on, i click start and the led turns off until it asks me to press it for 2 seconds, so i hold it down until it turns on again but still nothing happens on the xbox, not really sure what's wrong with this setup
Mishimaboo

Post by Mishimaboo »

Mishimaboo wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:46 pm
GoDlike wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:02 pm Make sure you pressed guide button on the controller itself first not on the device in gimx-Config. For xbox authentication to work you need to press guide button on Xbox controller first.
I'm not sure if i'm doing it wrong but i have the controller plugged in, the xbox guide button led is on, i click start and the led turns off until it asks me to press it for 2 seconds, so i hold it down until it turns on again but still nothing happens on the xbox, not really sure what's wrong with this setup
Update : I fixed it by reverting the controller's firmware down to 3.1.1221.0
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Thanks for update. This will help poeple with same problem.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Abra23

Post by Abra23 »

How did you reverting the controller frimware down to 3.1.1221.0 :?:

I have same issue I hold guide for 2 seconds nothing happens on the xbox :cry:
Abra23

Post by Abra23 »

Abra23 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:51 am How did you reverting the controller frimware down to 3.1.1221.0 :?:

I trying on Xbox one s
Abra23

Post by Abra23 »

Abra23 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:51 am How did you reverting the controller frimware down to 3.1.1221.0 :?:

Fixed I did it